Minister Sio attends the 4th Meeting of the ACP Ministers of Culture in Brussels
Minister of Education, Sports and Culture, Mr Loau Solamalemalo Keneti Sio led Samoa’s delegation at the 4th Meeting of the ACP Ministers of Culture held on 10th November 2017 in Brussels.
The theme for the 4th ACP Ministers of Culture Meeting was “Making Culture impact Investment in Achieving the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development”. The Ministers discussed the important role of cultural and creative industries in generating meaningful employment and investment in ACP Member states and made concrete recommendations and proposals under the five priority areas for action:
– Strengthened regional, inter-regional and international cooperation and solidarity
– Economic growth and job creation
– Integration of culture into development policies and strategies
– Literary and artistic protection and improved circulation of cultural goods and services
– Participation of women and youth in the cultural and creative industries.
Other members of Samoa’s delegation included MESC CEO Karoline Afamasaga- Fuatai, H.E. Fatumanava Dr Paolelei Luteru and MESC Principal Officer Ms Delphina Lee.
Click here to read the Declaration of ACP Ministers of Culture at the end of the 4th Meeting.